Advanced Nutrients BigMike Recommends Competitors Product

Hey – I realize this probably sounds crazy. But I want you to use a competitors product instead of one of my own products.

This is not some publicity stunt, or is Advanced Nutrients going to be distributing this product. It’s just straight up the right thing to do.

In the video I explain in great detail why I’m doing this. In fact when our research showed that one of our competitors had a better product and it was going to take us awhile to play “catch-up” so to speak. There was only one thing to do, and this is it.

No I haven’t lost my mind I really do want you to go out and purchase my competitors product. Because in life I’ve come to realize, that doing the right thing isn’t always the easiest thing.

Enjoy 🙂
BigMike

, , , ,

51 Responses to Advanced Nutrients BigMike Recommends Competitors Product

1. Angela January 27, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

Way to be real, Mike! Thank you!

2. Sonny January 27, 2010 at 8:00 pm #

Nice! I wish I could try advanced nute line but my pocket only lets me buy General hydropnics, good job big mike I have been watching your videos since the started.

3. joe January 27, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

Roots excelurator is an awesome product. I sell it all the time at my store and we have always recommended it to all our customers. Ofcourse we always sell our Advanced along with it. But I have used the exceluraotor in my ez-cloner and my customers have to, and let me tell you, its results are off the charts, kinda like Advanced Nutrients rules the nute world! Seriously though, at 1 mill per gallon, you use little to none, the roots excelurator may seem expensive, but its worth every penny

ps: hats off to you Mike, standup guy!!!!!

4. bill snider January 27, 2010 at 8:35 pm #

give them hell Mike

5. richard honea January 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm #

where can i purchase rooting excelarator at.

6. kyle January 27, 2010 at 8:59 pm #

such a stand up guy i really appreciate what your doing for the cannabis community

7. Tom January 27, 2010 at 9:04 pm #

You are 1 stand up guy. I respect what you do and I’m sure you guys will come up with a better product!

8. Roger Davenport January 27, 2010 at 9:05 pm #

Honesty is the best policy, thats why I use AN. Since were being honest I’ll have to say that I’ve been using Roots Excellurator for over a year-I feel better now Big Mike. Keep it up!

9. Chad C January 27, 2010 at 9:10 pm #

Your awesome Big Mike! No one else would have done what you just did. Your a stand-up dude. Can’t wait for the next big thing.

10. Shin January 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm #

We love ya big Mike and we are sure you will eventually surpass this product with your own.

11. Mike January 27, 2010 at 10:28 pm #

Hey Big Mike – W A I T!!!!! P L E A S E!!!!!
    Being 2nd place in the market/race is better than being 3rd. Please, please do NOT take JumpStart off the shelves. It works ALMOST as good as the product you seem to be endorsing. Roots Exellurator is twice as much money (at least) as well as my client has lost 1200 rooted clones to this SUPERIOR product.
    This same client switched (in the last 30 days) to JumpStart and is very happy and rich. Client can’t thank me enough for introdcing them to your product – don’t know who’s testing and can’t seem to get a bottle in my area but if I had a bottle I would do the test myself. Thanks but no thanks!!!!

12. tim January 27, 2010 at 10:44 pm #

So it sounds like we should consider using whomever manufactures this product for more than just this. I mean if this product is so much better than what you’re selling, they MUST have other products that are better as well ! RIGHT ?

13. jonathan_sewell_69@hotmail.com January 27, 2010 at 10:48 pm #

dude all say is waw i would do the same i think nig mike has rasta in him hehe maybe because best weed in lab super lab also any body reading wanna know something funny now that big mike did that the other company i know for sure poeple gonna be now hehe rise the price still that no fair either and i know that what gonna do cause when big mike bring his there out business hehehe just was thinking about it

14. GREG CURTIS January 27, 2010 at 11:17 pm #

HEY BIG MIKE: YOU SAID IT YOURSELF (HONESTY) IS SUCH A RARE VURTUE IN THIS DAY AND AGE….I HAVE BEEN USEING YOUR PRODUCTS FOR 5 YEARS NOW AND EVERY TIME I EXPERMENT WITH SOMETHING ELSE I GET KICKED IN THE NUTS…SO WHY MESS WITH PERFECTION,IF I COULD SHOW YOU MY LAST GREAT WHITE SHARK YOU WOULD KNOW WHY I WOULD NEVER, EVER USE ANYONE ELSE’S PRODUCT BUT YOURS FROM NOW ON..THEY MIGHT HAVE ONE GOOD PRODUCT, ADVANCED NUTRIENTS JUST SIMPLY KICKS ASS…AND WILL ALWAYS BE ON MY LIST OF THINGS TO GET, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, AND THANKS FOR THE INDORSEMENT BUT NO-THANKS…HE MUST BE ONE GOOD FRIEND OF YOURS OR YOU JUST BOUGHT STOCK IN SOMEONE ELSE’S COMPANY…WHICHEVER IT IS HE IS DEFINATLEY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND, MYSELF I’M GONNA TAKE CARE OF THE GUY WHO HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR ME. THANKS FOR THE HONESTY MIKE. mojavegreg

15. Big Mike from Pa. January 27, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

You’re a man of integrity and honor!Chivalry is not dead but there are very few of us left.I can hardly wait to see if you can come up with something better.I really appreciate your honesty.Thanks Big Mike
    Another Big Mike in Pa.

16. jim January 28, 2010 at 12:12 am #

mike mike mike…man, you just earned yourself my respect, bro…

17. Soeren January 28, 2010 at 12:19 am #

hey mike
    I realy appreciate your honesty, way to go 🙂
    now go make somethin better he he 😉

18. Talpa January 28, 2010 at 3:23 am #

Hi Big Mike. Nice to see you recommend a competitors product, fair play dude. A new local grow shop is stocking the House and Garden product, also heard a rumour that one of the main guys in the research team used to work for Canna, not sure how true this is. How does it rate against the Canna Rhizotonic? Any ideas?

19. Datreetrimmer January 28, 2010 at 8:29 am #

First, you are the man Mike, Second, how much better is this product, what is the price compared to advanced, And Finally, Has advanced been working with any of the tissue culture cloning (seen in december 2009 HIGH TIMES pgs.108-110)

20. Steven Linder January 28, 2010 at 8:34 am #

Yes, Big Mike:

I currently recommend your product line to others. Agriculture is rapidly evolving because of the invigorating competitive nature of perfection. Some
    day, soon, my non-PhD 1967 based methodologies with a little perpiration
    running down the sides just might be worth your critical evaluation. BOD
    monitoring, EC, pH and redox potential are the flags that drive my useful
    growing tool lines. Think of Martin Sheen in “Nightmare”, things aren’t
    always as they seem.

I don’t like people messin’ with your’s or anyone else’s progress. Rigid
    monopolies have their fatal weaknesses. They fall down go ouch!, sooner or
    later.

Check out the GM talent in Corus 2010. Very inspiring.

One doesn’t need a PhD to excel in the extreme!

The litte ol’ def guy, Steven.

21. steve, aka lum the gardner January 28, 2010 at 9:52 am #

!!!AWESOME!!!

22. Michael January 28, 2010 at 11:44 am #

Hi Big Mike!

That’s why Advanced Nutriunts is the Best on the Market! Passionate, Honest and hands-down Accurate!

Mike, Don’t worry to much about the boycout BullShit. Everybody that is a serious Grower knows that Advanced Nutriunts is Hands-Down the Best Engineered and Highest Quality Nuts avaible to the Market. Once,I ask for advanced Nuts at a Hydro store and the owner gave me a dirty look and told me to leave. I told him to go fuck-himself and now I order everything online.I don’t need thoses stink’in over priced Hydro Stores! Bigmike, You should start offering discounts and coupons for your loyal follwers-Lol!

Good-Luck Brother! Kept stocken those stores.

23. JeanTonerre January 28, 2010 at 12:18 pm #

so, it mean Jump Start is not a good product to clone ?… if you dont sell it anymore

24. JeanTonerre January 28, 2010 at 12:21 pm #

anyway…still….. BIG MIKE FOR PRESIDENT !

25. MickSFV January 28, 2010 at 12:22 pm #

You got 2 do what U got 2 do! And we will get them in the long RUN! At least U got balls brother and say the truth! It will come BK 2-U! Till next time, Keep up the Honesty and what it does not get out of hand!! Your Customer and there’s MickSFV!

26. steve January 28, 2010 at 2:05 pm #

honesty should always be applauded, and as a reseller we hear you it works well the only down side being the cost.

BUT there is an alternative that we beleive is as good if not better for a fraction of the cost, would you like a bottle for your tests?

27. James January 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

House of Garden the best?????
    Anyone ever hear of Metrop Liquid Concentrated Fertilizers?
    Amino Root try it and see for yourself!!!!

• Brent June 29, 2014 at 1:58 am #

Why don’t you at least name a product you can actually buy in the U.S.

28. Ian902 January 28, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

Big Mike,
    Congratulations!!! You have raised the bar for ethics and honesty in the marketplace. Your pair obviously must be the size of grapefruits!!! Well done. Yours is a business example that others, including “The Good Ol’ Boys” would do well to follow. (But we all know they won’t) Mike, not only do you talk the talk, but you walk the walk as well. Again, Congrats!!! ian

29. Kushie Kerry January 28, 2010 at 2:52 pm #

Thanks Mike.
    I really appreciate your honesty.
    Good luck with the case against Sunlight.

30. brad January 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm #

$100+ for 1/2L!! no thanks, can’t be that much better than jump start. if they sold it in smaller, less expensive amounts for small time guys like me i might try it. ironic, i just ordered my first bottle of jump start two days ago before i saw mike’s vid. thanks for the honesty though mike.

31. canadian garden January 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

customer experience is what drives this industry. even though a product is recommended it doesn’t mean anything until the end user is satisfied having tried the product head to head with other products. my experience has been that no one wants to be the guinea pig. in my opinion jump start is a top of the line product and if the customers are raving about a product that is a good thing; not to say this other product doesn’t work i just cant see people changing anything until the new jump start comes out. proof is in the pudding.

32. Kevin - lcl420tribe January 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm #

mike you really are a true man in every since of the word.
    i’d be happy to buy that product…..thanks a million clones!

33. steve January 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

yep the expense is the killer regen a root by canadian xpress works as well and is a sixth of the price…no brainer…..
    lets see how far the honesty goes…..

34. ozric420 January 28, 2010 at 6:54 pm #

Ok Big Mike if you say use it ,we will,but please get on the stick and make one so we can continue to buy only your stuff ok man

35. growerman January 29, 2010 at 1:27 am #

You know it’s kind of a sad thing when so many people are surprised and moved to praise a guy for doing something like this.

Doing the right thing should never have gotten so rare that it’s so refreshing and remarkable to see, but all the same it is and so I gotta say my hat’s off to you Big Mike.

Keep up the good work! You’re proof we haven’t lost touch with the best part of ourselves!

36. HumCo707 January 29, 2010 at 2:03 am #

When I first started watching the video I thought Big Mike had gone off his rocker. But that’s a bold move, I’m impressed! That’s good business and I can’t
    wait to see what you guys come up with.

37. robert tosh January 29, 2010 at 3:05 am #

yo, bro, I am feelin you 100% you are a true warrior in this game we play. I will have a photogrphic presentation for you in the fall. I greenhouse for personal, and love and vibration make magic happen. Hope to meet you one day soon. Keep the good vibes, and amazing products coming. p.s. organic is the the only true path to optimum vibration enhancement. be well. old man lungzilla. ordering soon, bro. holla at ya in two weeks. one love

38. randy webb January 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

HEY MIKE .. it’s beeen a while since i’ve heard ANYTHING from you on the net as far as emails ..and now all the sudden i’m gettin more. I’m with ya on your battle for THE BEST bro…but i’m also in serious need of proper training, cause i’m seein 10,000 products out there, and each one is THE BEST… Even though i’ve indulged for many years before becoming a medical marijuana patient, i never grew. I need an “inexpensive” way to use your product Mike. All i’ve used is dirt til now. And now i’m ready for the big boys !!. Is there a way you can give assistance personally?

39. jack griffin January 29, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

Thank you Big Mike, for your honesty in the cut-throat world of plant suppliments. You have set a shining example for EVERYBODY of “doing the right thing”.

I’m sure you guys are spending extra hours in the lab now,
    preparing a product that you can once again call “The Best”.

40. Bill January 30, 2010 at 6:45 am #

Outstanding product! I tip/shake the bottle, take off the “coated inner cap”, dip the cap into 1/2 liter water and apply as directed. It calls for 1.1 ml / gallon and they make a $60 and $100 bottle that lasts a real long time. This product is stable/viable for a long time too! I was forced to use this when the store I used to support stopped supporting AN products.

Basically, use this to get the roots started and then add Voodoo to the mix and watch out. Go light on both and you will be pleasantly surprised. Don’t get me wrong, I like AN Jump Start too (folier spray)! 🙂

PS. MOST people that have had problems with this product used TOO MUCH of it! Start light and see how it affects the roots. Many used a teaspoon vrs a ml per gallon…. oops!

For the money, you get tremendous value with H&G Roots Excellerator! My new hydro store in Lutz now carries this do to my request last week…. I know Chr…y will be real excited to see your and AN’s support of this product. She supports AN products.

Soooooo….. Thanks Mike! 🙂

41. Chris January 30, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

Very true, Roots Excelurator is an ok product. BUT… And that’s a big BUT, you CAN NOT aerate Roots Excelurator. Reading Comments Like “It killed my plants!” and “It makes a mess out of my reservoir!” is all contributed to aeration.

42. Northgrow February 1, 2010 at 8:47 am #

Mike, With all of my respect, My clients are happy with your jump-start. But thank you for the advise.

43. Jeff February 1, 2010 at 10:40 pm #

Honesty or clever marketing……………

44. BLADE February 2, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

Thx BIG MIKE! but I have a problem cant find it here in Canada. Do you know where.

45. JP MARTELLA February 2, 2010 at 10:07 pm #

YOUR RIGHT ITS THE BEST STUFF EVER, LITTLE SPENDY!

46. D. February 5, 2010 at 11:59 am #

This is an awsome product. Too expensive but it will pay for itsself. I only use it for first 5 weeks.

47. Mauvefarmer February 8, 2010 at 2:59 pm #

Hey big mike!!! i love the jump start formula!! I believe for the price you sale if for makes the diffenece in proformace i have been using it since day one i have no complaints!! i dont think you should stop saling it, it works great to me!! for 25.00 buck a bottle you really can’t beat that compared to 40.00 to over a 100.00! i still get my clones to root in less then 14 days! 7 days on some strains! still worth the buy!!1

48. iamgrowerman February 19, 2010 at 11:04 pm #

I gotta say, I’m seriously impressed by this.

Honestly is just too rare a trait these days, it’s refreshing to see someone with this kind if integrity.

49. royal March 7, 2010 at 1:03 pm #

without truth and honor,you have nothing!mike…..you have proven you have both.i am much more than impressed with this move.if the corporate world as a whole displayed this sort of integrity,the the world would be a better place.i am now an advanced convert.

50. Philip Beauford May 11, 2016 at 9:16 pm #

Hey Big Mike,
    Awesome honesty!
    One thing, is it just me or are you two separate people? Lol
    In this video you look like a totally different person than in some later videos in 2015 where your just healthier overall..
    WHATS YOUR SECRET BIG MIKE?… 😉